When prescribing Circadin®
, managing a patient’s expectations can help them get a better understanding of how the treatment should work, which would result in a more effective treatment and increase the patient’s satisfaction.
How to take Circadin® 4
- Circadin® should be taken after food, 1-2 hours before bedtime
- The tablet should be swallowed whole – not crushed, chewed or divided
- Circadin® does not have an immediate effect – the patient should feel a natural sleepiness and desire to go to bed between 1-2 hours after taking it
- When Circadin® is taken, alcohol consumption should be avoided as it may reduce the effectiveness of Circadin® on sleep
- For best results, Circadin® should be taken at around the same time each night. It is important that the patient continues to take it for the entire treatment period